Plan, develop, direct, train and oversee Production, Manufacturing Support, Quality and Shipping Departments. Develop and implement strategic and operational plans, ensure adherence to departmental capital expenditures and operating budgets; and contribute to EBITDA and revenue goals. Champions the development of business plans, while providing support to the General Manager on various other tasks, projects, and operations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervises staff including overseeing the daily operations, executing plans and assignments; includes hiring, training, motivating and developing employees as well as disciplinary and termination action to ensure company sales goals are met.
- Works with General Manager ensuring strategic plans are developed and carried out, corporate goals are reached in the most efficient and effective manner and operational issues are addressed. Develops and adheres to yearly budgets for all assigned areas; oversees and approves vendor invoices, purchase orders, managers’ pay and expenses.
- Approves company policies and procedures as they relate to assigned areas such as inventory, purchasing and fulfillment, planning, and shipping and production processes/procedures. Completes day to day monitoring of flow and function and addresses flow interruption challenges as needed.
- Monitors performance trends and other statistical information. Oversees the development of effective assessment tool(s) and oversees key tasks for assessing revenue streams, profitability factors, and revenue-impacting policies and procedures supported by our MRP systems and other application systems and platforms.
- Prepares budgets and long-term projections for GM and works to implement these plans.
- Leads the management and documentation of our business plan structures.
- Dedicated to the development and execution of operational capabilities.
- Defines, develops and executes appropriate business case analyses, and rolls out new and/or revised business plans.
- Continually defines, expands and implements key metrics platform and aligns key metrics and targets to strategy.
- Facilitates information exchange between manufacturing support, production, quality, shipping and corporate management. This includes the transfer of business goals into actionable technical terms, as well as communicating problems for resolution.
- Ensures strategic plans are developed and carried out, corporate goals are reached in the most efficient and effective manner and that operational issues are addressed.
- Assists with scheduling for Production deadlines
- Complete performance reviews and time and attendance entries for direct reports
- Performs additional related duties as requested or required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Engineering or related field or comparable experience required. Minimum 5-10 years of operations management experience. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency is desirable. Made2Manage or other ERP system knowledge required. Lean manufacturing and fabrication experience preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Impeccable interpersonal skills including relationship building.
Strong verbal/written communication including: listening, presentation, and business document writing.
Personal computer skills to include: Windows, Microsoft Office, Made2Manage and Internet.
Financial skills including budgeting, business planning, and problem solving skills.
Data and statistical analysis.
Able to lead, manage, delegate, give direction, coach and counsel, and train and develop staff.
Decisive ability to prioritize, coordinate, and plan projects while maintaining attention to detail.
Creative and strategic thinker.
Able to work with people at all levels and with teams.
Organized and able to work with limited or no supervision.