Design and draft drawings of metal fabrication components for grain handling systems by collaborating with Engineering, Sales and other departments as needed. Create technical product development and coordinate release to production. Develop strategies with the goal of maximizing Company profits while ensuring customer satisfaction. Partner with GM and Sales support teams to provide technical product support and identify new opportunities for product advancement and market growth. Apply theory and principles of mechanical engineering to engineer and design products based on customer specifications and application. Review work performed by Drafters and make recommendations for change. In addition, will ensure that company operating and cost efficiencies are obtained, quality and safety standards are achieved, and customer delivery deadlines are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Sales and Engineering to assess equipment needs and determine system requirements. Incorporate requirements into standard product drawings. Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Determine product specifications; performs verification/maintenance and product management.
Make revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design drawings and participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Coordinate technical product development, estimates of potential profits and releases to production.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to customers regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure drawings and bill of materials convey the correct information.
- Responsible for employee and customer safety concerning all designed equipment that requires compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Utilizes drafting resources to create new tools to more efficiently carry out above mentioned tasks; including hardware and software design.
- Keep all pertinent parties advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Generate accurate bill of materials
- Performs additional related duties as requested or required.
Skills and Competencies
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent experience. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in engineering, sales, product management and/or technical support. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency is desirable. Made2Manage or other ERP system knowledge required. Must possess a well-rounded knowledge of production processes and drawing interpretation utilizing Solidworks and AutoCad.